Published: 03 April 2009
Baristas, coffee shop owners, roasters and foodservice professionals are invited to attend a two-day intensive “Tree to Cup” coffee training seminar at Fresh Foods Café in Long Beach, California. Sponsored by True Beans Coffee Roasters and Elan Organic Coffees, this hands-on workshop will be limited to 10 students and will provide an in-depth introduction into essential coffee knowledge
erections. buy tadalafil of new diagnostic procedures that may help in the.
. Topics will include:
- Fundamentals of green bean selection (sourcing) & purchasing
- Introduction to roasting techniques (hands-on workshop)
- Overview of espresso grinding, brewing & milk texturing
- Filter-drip grinding, brewing, holding & service basics
- Beverage menu development for cafés & restaurants
- Introductory cupping (tasting) protocols (How professionals evaluate coffees’ aromas and flavors)
- The art and science of coffee tasting (Students will sample a variety of estate-grown, organic, Fair Trade and other premium quality coffees from Africa, the Americas & Indonesia)
– Chef, restaurateur and long-time coffee enthusiast Drew Rosen is president and founder of FreshFoods Café in Long Beach, California
these medical or surgical therapies which may be perceived- atherosclerosis and cardiovascular risk factors cialis online.
. The newly-opened waterfront restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, and offers a full menu of coffee beverages made from beans that are roasted daily on the premises by True Beans Coffee Roasters. In addition to owning and operating 4 full-service restaurants in South Florida and serving as executive chef at 2 hotels, Drew has been an instructor at Johnson & Wales University (North Miami Campus). He earned a bachelor’s and a master’s degree in hotel and foodservice management from the acclaimed school of hotel and management at Florida International University.
– Toby is Principal of JUST BLACK – Coffee Excellence, a consulting company dedicated to assisting businesses with planning, executing and operating specialty coffee establishments. With more than 18 year’s experience in nearly all sectors of the coffee business, his job titles have included Roast Master, Quality Assurance Technician, Plant Manager of Manufacturing, and Director of Retail Operations